Changes that would occur this year include:
– Dependent children could remain on their parents’ health insurance plans until age 26.
– Some senior citizens would get more help paying for drugs in Medicare.
– People with health problems that left them uninsurable could qualify for coverage through a federal program.
Here are some other resources you can read to start digesting the many changes, and start thinking about how it will affect you and your family.
1) Wall Street Journal (link)
2) Kaiser Family Foundation comparison charts (link2)
If you don’t yet have a family physician, you may want to work on establishing a relationship with one, before things get too crowded.