2013 Plastic Surgery Stats are outPosted on August 5, 2014
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery has released its report on plastic surgery in the USA for 2013, based on recent surveys of plastic surgeons, otolaryngologists and dermatologists.
Here are some of the highlights of the report:
- Over 11 million surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures were performed in the US in 2013. Over 85% of these were non-surgical, such as Botox, fillers or laser treatments.
- Compared to 2012, there was a 6.5% increase in the total number of cosmetic surgical procedures.
- The most popular surgeries were: (#1) liposuction and (#2) breast augmentation. These two procedures reversed their order from last year’s report.
- The most popular non-surgical procedure is: Botox, with over 3.7 million injections performed last year.
- Buttock augmentation is on the rise, with 11,500 procedures being done this year, compared to only 7,200 the year before. This procedure wasn’t even on the radar screen just a few years ago.
- Women accounted for 90% of all surgeries.
- The most common procedures for men are: (#1) liposuction, (#2) cosmetic eyelid surgery.
More details will be published shortly at the ASAPS website (www.surgery.org)