Dermal fillers, also known as facial fillers or simply fillers, are used to add volume to skin that has been impacted by age, environmental factors, and genetics. Placed in targeted areas of the face, dermal fillers are very effective at addressing issues such as:
- Fine lines and deep wrinkles
- Hollow or sunken cheeks
- Flat, asymmetrical, or undefined lips
- Laugh lines
- Weak jawline
- Cosmetic nose irregularities
Some dermal fillers can also be used on the back of the hands and on the décolletage. During your initial consultation at our Altamonte Springs office, we will help you determine if a filler can help you reach your goals or if another surgical or non-surgical cosmetic treatment will work best. To schedule your consultation at Fiala Aesthetics, please call 407-339-3222 today. We welcome patients from Metro Orlando and all surrounding areas of Central Florida.
Types of Dermal Fillers
There are a variety of FDA-approved dermal fillers, each with different concentrations of various active ingredients. The one that will work best for your needs will be dependent on which issues are being addressed and other factors that are unique to your situation. During your consultation, we will carefully listen to your concerns and help you choose the most effective filler from our selection of:
- Juvéderm® and Restylane®: The original hyaluronic (HA) gel products, these trusted and proven options are ideal for correcting nasolabial folds and for plumping the lips. We have the full range of these products – including Juvederm Plus XC, Juvederm Ultra, Restylane Kysse, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Contour and standard Restylane.
- Restylane Refyne® & Defyne®: The newest of the HA gels, these fillers are more flexible, resulting in a more natural appearance. Refyne is designed for maximum flexibility and subtle support for moderate to severe nasolabial folds and facial wrinkles. Defyne is formulated with additional support for the correction of deep folds and wrinkles.
- Lyft®: Formally known as Perlane, this gel is designed for a deep injection to address severe facial wrinkles and folds
- Voluma®: An HA gel specifically formulated for filling and lifting the cheeks
- Vollure XC®: A new generation HA gel specifically formulated for deep wrinkles
- Sculptra®: Sculptra contains poly-L-lactic acid, a liquid form of surgical suture material. It gradually stimulates your body to make new collagen in the treated areas. It is excellent for providing volume to sunken areas of the face – especially the cheeks, the eyebrow, and temples
- Renuva HD®: This is a new filler, known technically as the adipose-derived extracellular matrix. It acts like an “off-the-shelf” fat graft. It is helpful for people with fat loss in the face, liposuction irregularities, and depressed scars.
- Teoxane RHA 2-4 and RHA Redensity: Next generation HA fillers from Switzerland.
Patient Loyalty Programs
Fiala Aesthetics participates in:
- Brilliant Distinctions, a customer loyalty program from Allergan in which you earn points for discounts on future purchases of Allergan products, including BOTOX® Cosmetic and Latisse®
- ASPIRE, a customer loyalty program from Galderma in which you earn points for discounts on future purchases of Galderma products, including Dysport® and the Restylane line
These reward programs make it easier and more affordable than ever to maintain your dermal filler results. During your consultation, we can discuss these programs and if one may make sense in the reaching of your goals.
Process, Recovery & Results
Dermal fillers at our Med Spa are injected by Phi Nguyen and Lindsey Gagnon. Phi is a Board-Certified Physician Assistant and injection specialist who has been recognized by Galderma, the parent company of Restylane and Sculptra, as one of Florida’s top injectors. Lindsey is a Nurse Practitioner and injection specialist, also known for her artistic eye and gentle touch.
Injections are placed at specific depths in targeted areas of the face to produce ideal results. While this is largely well-tolerated by our patients, if you are afraid of needles or if you have very sensitive skin, we can discuss options, such as topical numbing cream, to make you feel more at ease. Most HA fillers have lidocaine in their formulations to help reduce instances of discomfort.
Following treatment, you can expect some bruising and swelling. These issues typically last only for a few days and should not interfere with your ability to perform routine tasks. In fact, many people return to work immediately after receiving treatment.
Some dermal fillers provide immediate improvement in volume, while others take several weeks to produce their full results. One of the nice things about HA fillers is their reversibility: if you should change your mind about the appearance of the injected area , the filler can be optionally dissolved with an injectable enzyme product.
Dr. Thomas Fiala offers a range of surgical options that can produce longer-lasting results for good candidates who are interested in this approach. We can discuss these options during your initial consultation to make sure you are choosing the most effective service for your needs.
Liquid Facelift vs. Surgical Facelift
Because they offer a subtle lift, some facial fillers can be used to perform a “liquid facelift,” which can improve contours, eliminate lines and wrinkles, and create a consistently attractive appearance without undergoing a surgical -style facelift. The results from a liquid facelift will not be as noticeable or as long-lasting as its surgical alternative, which can produce results for 10 or more years, making repeat injections necessary for continued results. This is where our patient loyalty programs can become very useful.
It should be noted that a surgical facelift by itself will not add volume to the face, unless additional fat grafting is performed. A surgical facelift does a better job of lifting tissues back to their original position than fillers do. Fillers do a better job of volumizing specific areas of the face – so the two treatments work together well! It’s a matter of choosing the right tool for the right purpose.
Dermal fillers are very useful in the treating of sunken and hollow facial contours, fine lines, and deep wrinkles.
We will cover all of your options during your consultation to make sure you are selecting the treatment best suited to meet your exact needs.
Similar to a liquid facelift is “liquid rhinoplasty.” With this procedure, fillers are used to add volume and symmetrical contour to the nose. Liquid rhinoplasty can be helpful for patients with minor contour irregularities who could otherwise avoid complex open surgery.
Liquid rhinoplasty cannot correct underlying structural deformities addressed through traditional surgical rhinoplasty, nor can it address issues like septal deviation, uneven nostril sizes, or various breathing problems. This technique is a cosmetic procedure only.