Buttock Liposuction Surgery RecoveryPosted on November 1, 2022
Buttock Liposuction Recovery
The patient will need to follow-up with the surgeon and follow their post-operative guidelines to care for their buttocks.
Furthermore, the patient should allow themselves adequate rest to achieve beautiful outcomes from their buttock liposuction surgery.
Just after the Procedure
The patient may feel groggy right after the butt lipo shaping, especially if they have been under general anesthesia or sedation.
The buttock area will most likely be inflamed and bruised from the procedure. Therefore, the patient will require someone to drive them back home after the surgery as well as take care of them for a few days after the procedure. Prior to leaving home, the patient should:
- Understand proper post-operative wound care procedures.
- Wear their compression garment which will cover the sites of the incisions, fat transfer, or liposuction.
- Learn ways to sit or lie down without exerting strain on their butt. Putting pressure on the buttocks can adversely impact the patient’s recovery and outcomes. In case the patient undergoes a traditional buttock augmentation, these measures will help the incisions heal properly. Many butt enhancement patients place pillows beneath their thighs to sit without causing disruptions to the outcomes of the plastic surgery.
Each patient will experience a slightly varied recovery process and timeline. However, the general recovery timeline includes the following:
- The patient should plan to take leave from work and enlist a family member or friend to take care of them during the initial week following the surgery. The patient can remove the compression garment when they shower and gently wash their buttocks, in around two days after the surgery.
- Certain plastic surgeons recommend routine massages to enhance blood circulation in the butt area to enable faster recovery. According to the patient’s condition and customized procedure, they may be able to travel after one week.
- The patient may be able to resume routine activities in one week or ten days after their surgery. However, they should not perform squatting, stretching, or vigorous exercises. The patient may also be able to drive if they can sit comfortably on a pillow in the car and are not taking pain relievers anymore.
- Much of the discoloration and swelling subsides within two to six months of the buttock enhancement surgery. For a majority of the patients, the recovery process is complete at this time.
For More Information on the Treatments and Procedures Offered, contact award winning Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Thomas Fiala at Fiala Aesthetics in Greater Orlando to Schedule Your Consultation:
Serving patients in and around Greater Central Florida: Orlando, Altamonte, Lake Mary, Maitland, Winter Park, Clermont, Casselberry, Lake Mary, Longwood, Celebration, Heathrow, Windermere, Dr. Phillips, Sanford, Deltona, Deland, Daytona Beach, Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, New Smyrna Beach, Tampa, Jacksonville, Sarasota and more.