Preparing For Rhinoplasty SurgeryPosted on March 8, 2018
Rhinoplasty Nose Surgery
Rhinoplasty cosmetic surgery itself takes less than two hours on average, but the whole process of undergoing a rhinoplasty procedure requires a significant time commitment. Fiala Aesthetics Plastic Surgery, led by board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Thomas Fiala, provides rhinoplasty to patients in Orlando, Altamonte Springs, FL, and surrounding communities.
Key Steps in Preparation
Some of the vital steps involved in the preparation of rhinoplasty surgery include:
- Obtaining general information about the nose surgery procedure and the surgeon’s practice
- Scheduling a consultation
- Adhering to necessary lifestyle and diet-related changes
- Making arrangements for post-operative care
- Planning the recovery period
Adjustments in Diet and Medications
It is essential to prepare your body for the surgery in the weeks before the rhinoplasty. Ensuring that you remain fit and healthy will enable you to recover faster. Some changes that the surgeon may advise will include:
- Avoiding aspirin and similar blood-thinning medicines
- Avoiding alcohol
- Quitting smoking
- Taking supplements such as Vitamins C, E, and iron to improve healing
- Informing the surgeon of any pre-existing illnesses
- Filling the prescriptions for antibiotics, pain medications, and pain relievers
- Readying a stock of “soft” foods for early recovery phase
Other Preparatory Steps
Most patients feel a sense of nervousness and excitement prior to their rhinoplasty cosmetic surgery. It is a good idea to use this time for some last-minute preparations for the surgery scheduled for the next day. Some vital tips are listed below:
- Purchase the medications: If the surgeon has provided any prescriptions, be sure to get these filled prior to your surgery.
- Stock up on food: Ensure that you stock up on easy to consume foods and drinks. You may feel nauseous after the surgery, so you should have some basic, comforting food in the fridge. It is advisable to avoid hot, spicy or difficult to chew foods after the surgery to help safe healing.
- Buy some lip balm: Your mouth will feel quite dry after the surgery. So, make sure you have a supply of lip balms and beverages to keep you moist and comfortable.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water in the days before and after the surgery as being hydrated can decrease nausea and make you feel better post-surgery.
- Shower: Make sure to take a shower before the surgery.
The Day of Surgery
The following suggestions will help you in the last-minute preparations for your rhinoplasty surgery:
- Wearing button-up tops: You won’t be able to pull anything over head after the rhinoplasty. Therefore, it is recommended that you wear button-up top and comfortable footwear for the procedure.
- Do not eat: You should not eat past midnight on the day of your surgery as it is considered safer to conduct surgery on an empty stomach.
- Arrange for transport: Arrange for a ride as you will not be able to drive back after the surgery.
Committed and pragmatic plastic surgeon Dr. Thomas Fiala receives patients from Orlando, Altamonte Springs, FL, and other communities and neighborhoods in this section of the country for rhinoplasty.
For more information of the treatments and procedures offered at this Plastic Surgery Center & Orlando Medical Spa by Dr. Thomas Fiala please contact us at (407) 339-3222 or visit www.plasticsurgeryinflorida.com ; day-spa-orlando.com ; coolsculptinginorlando.com
Serving patients in and around Greater Central Florida: Orlando, Altamonte, Lake Mary, Maitland, Winter Park, Clermont, Casselberry, Lake Mary, Longwood, Celebration, Heathrow, Windermere, Tampa, Jacksonville, Sarasota and more.