Chemical Peels in Orlando, Florida
What are Chemical Peels?
Unlike traditional surgical procedures that can lift or reposition sagging skin, chemical peels work to actually improve the quality and appearance of the skin. They can make skin smoother, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, lighten or eliminate brown spots and sun damage, and help keep the skin looking youthful.
Chemical peels come in a variety of types and strengths. The choice of which peeling agent to use is based on the area of the body to be treated, the extent of skin damage that will be treated, and the amount of recovery time that the patient is willing to invest. Deeper peels are more effective – but have a longer recovery time. Superficial peels give a short recovery time, but may need a series of treatments to get the desired results. Peels can be done at the time of other cosmetic facial surgery, like a facelift or eyelid lift, or can be done as a stand-alone procedure.
“I have Melasma on my forehead and cheeks and after months of research and fear of having any chemical peel done, I decided to go for it. The aesthetician at a Plastic Surgeon’s office applied the treatment. She was wonderful, informative and experienced.” Read more of Dr. Fiala’s Testimonials here »
If you are bothered by the appearance of:
- sunspots or age spots
- acne scars
- pigmentation abnormalities
- fine lines and wrinkles
- sun damaged skin
.. then you may well benefit from one of our chemical peel treatments.
Medium to deep chemical peels
- Hetter peel – For those patients who want a dramatically smoother complexion and correction of deep wrinkles and extensive sun damage, Fiala Aesthetics recommends the Hetter peel. This formula, which uses croton oil as its active ingredient, gives the most impressive results – and works better than most resurfacing lasers, when it comes to deep wrinkles and scars. It gives the longest lasting effect of any peel known and is performed in the operating room by Dr. Fiala and Dr. Rhee, with the benefit of anesthesia.
- Medium-depth TCA peel – For patients with medium degrees of texture changes & sun damage, TCA peels in the 20% – 40% range can be quite effective. While not as powerful as the Hetter peel, these treatments have the advantage of a quicker recovery time and are also performed in the operating room, with the benefit of anesthesia.
Our aestheticians also offers a variety of light to medium peels in our skin care center, including:
- 15% and 18% TCA
- Jessner’s peel
- Lactic peel
- Salicylic peel
- Glycolic washes & peels
- Dermaceutic “Milk Peel” and “Spot peel”
- Levulan photodynamic therapy peel
A series of lighter treatments can be combined to give the effect of a single deeper treatment, if the patient has limited recovery time. Ask us for more details.